Roving Secretary / USAID
Embaixada dos Estados Unidos da América
US Embassy is recruiting two Roving Secretary / USAID, to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- The incumbent serve as Roving Secretary, who provides back-up support for various offices in the USAID/Mozambique Mission, but is assigned to the USAID/Mozambique Executive Office
- The Roving Secretary is expected to be able to perform the full scope of tasks of the replaced Secretary within a very short period, requiring the incumbent to maintain their office management skills at a high level
- The Roving Secretary may perform other office functions appropriate for their training and grade level
- Closing Date for Applications is November 15, 2016, however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline
- Education: Completion of High School
- Prior Work Experience: Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or other appropriate clerical experience
- Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) English and Portuguese ability and report writing skills are required
- Job Knowledge: General knowledge of the substantive work of the USAID, and a good knowledge of Secretarial responsibilities and office management
- Skills and Abilities: The Secretary must be tactful, with good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be a team player. Diplomacy in office settings is also required. The Secretary must have ability to develop effective working relationship with supervisors in the various offices to which temporary assigned
- Selection Process: Candidates will be evaluated based on education, experience, job knowledge, language, skills and abilities demonstrated in their application materials, tests, interviews and references. These are local positions and compensation will be in accordance with the Local Compensation Plan
- Closing Date for Applications: November 15, 2016, however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline.
- Submit Applications electronically through the following website: www.emprego.co.mz
- Include in the subject line: Application for Roving Secretary
- Only candidates selected for interviews will be informed in writing of the Selection Committee’s final decision.
- Please note that USAID and the U.S. Government NEVER requires payment of any money in connection with a job application.
- EEO/AA: THE U.S. mission is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of hiv/aids status
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted