Heading is recruiting for its client, an oil and gas company, Resettlement Livelihood Officer (m/f), to be based in Maputo and Cabo Delgado, Mozambique.
- The position will be based in Maputo with several travels to Cabo Delgado-Afungi
- Conduct daily oversight of activities of the resettlement-related livelihood Implementation Partners (IP), confirming that the reported progress can be verified in the field
- Conduct daily field oversight of the replacement agricultural land delimitation, distribution, community land preparation and DUAT application/issuance by Government
- Facilitate the mobilization, training, organization and mentoring of local farmer’s associations on the resettlement affected communities
- Sign in situ, on behalf of the Project, approx. 1,000 compensation agreements related to the replacement agricultural land compensation, perform checks on all signed compensation agreements and proof of payments for completeness and file them
- Be the focal point in the field between the IP, the Project, the affected households and the communities engaged in the agricultural, fisheries and diversified livelihood programs
- Participate in meetings with communities and households, as required
- University degree in relevant area, including rural development, agronomy, agricultural economics
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in engaging communities for resettlement livelihood re-establishment activities
- Knowledgeable of the resettlement process that leads to livelihood development programs delivery
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including local communities, government authorities, implementation partners and CSOs/NGOs
Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- In a first phase, the vacancy will be based in Maputo with regular trips to Cabo Delgado, later will be in a rotational regime