Public Health Promotion (PHP) Officer (m/f)
Oxfam is recruiting a Public Health Promotion (PHP) Officer (m/f), to be based in Buzi, Mozambique.
- Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. For our work in the Idai/Kenneth Humanitarian response we are looking for a Public Health Promotion (PHP) Officer
- Contract duration: Fixed term till 30th April 2020
- Manage assistants, as well as overseeing volunteers and community workers, setting performance objectives with your line managers, supporting team in objective setting, etc.
Manage the implementation of Public Health Promotion and Community Engagement activities in all phases of emergency WASH, e.g. design and collection of baseline data, ensuring 2-ways communication with communities, design, implementation and monitoring of public health promotion activities based on communities feed backs, ensuring targeting and monitoring of NFI distribution (in kind or vouchers) based on communities’ preferences
- Prepare work plans, weekly reports, PHP tracking sheets/data base, meeting minutes Coordination minutes, and contributing in donor reports and proposal narratives and budget for PHP
- Monitoring disease trends and designing and implementing rapid and relevant interventions in response to possible outbreaks of cholera and/or other public health-related diseases
- Design interventions for specific target groups, e.g. children, youth groups, men, women, elderly people and people with special need
- Consider vulnerability in all interventions i.e., latrine sitting and design, water provision, hygiene promotion, community mobilization etc.
- Conduct Hands on orientation/training for PHP volunteers, activists and community stakeholders
- Support Oxfam staff to engage with communities to ensure participation mechanisms within WASH projects
- Ensure that gender, protection, and other important cross-cutting concerns are considered in program design, implementation, and reporting; ensure that activities reflect the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, children and people with disabilities
- Documenting and sharing lessons learnt, successes or failure, and cross program exchanges with other WASH programs
- Coordinate with PHE counterparts and teams to ensure coherent and consistent programming
- Provide joint technical leadership and coordination with PHE colleagues, especially to ensure community participation for all wash facilities, but also with Gender, Protection and EFSVL team
- We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Basic degree in Preventive medicine and Environmental Sanitation with Good Competencies in communication and understanding of community dynamics
- Experience of working with communities and sound knowledge of Preventive Health, Public Health Promotion and/or WASH
- Managing teams and supporting on capacity building
- Strong communication skills and knowledge and experience in public health work are highly desirable
- Experience of working with NGOs in emergency response is also highly desirable
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted