Process Consultant for Mobile FP Outreach Activities (m/f)
PSI - Population Services International
PSI is recruiting a Process Consultant for Mobile FP Outreach Activities (m/f), to be based in Gaza, Mozambique.
Partner with us!
- PSI is looking for a qualified individual with experience in the design and improvement of outreach interventions in rural settings within the field of family planning and/or sexual reproductive health in Mozambique. The individual will work closely with PSI Mozambique’s Director of Programmes, the Senior Officer from Clinical Interventions and the Provincial project team in Gaza
- With funding from USAID, PSI Mozambique implements activities as part of the Support for International Family Planning Organizations 2 (SIFPO2) programme in the province of Gaza. The project aims to build the capacity and skills of public health providers in counselling and provision of a broad range of voluntary family planning (vFP) methods to Mozambican women. By the end September 2019, the project will have provided support to 26 health facilities in the districts of Chibuto and Mandjacaze through 3-day campaigns that combine demand creation for voluntary FP services at the community level and improved service delivery through on-the-job training to providers
- Thus far, the approach has proven successful in increasing demand for vFP services during the outreach campaigns, showing notable increases in uptake of methods, particularly voluntary Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs). Feedback from providers suggests their skills have been improved, though there remain some gaps in counselling, technical skills and handling of materials after the on-the-job support is complete
- Department/Project: PSI Mozambique/SIFPO2 Project
- Term: September - December 2019
- Your contribution:
- The consultant is expected to support PSI to document best practices within the current approach and to identify key drivers of success in order to optimize and inform the sustainability and replicability of the model
- This will include both the service delivery and demand creation components before, during and after the campaigns
- The work will require analyzing data from the project (pre- and post-service delivery as well as during the campaigns, by clinic), and consulting with the field team to understand the components of the approach and the field constraints
- The consultant will be expected to travel to the field for some days to observe the activities and interview beneficiaries (women and/or providers). Suggested improvements to the model will be tested; creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to optimize the model will be encouraged
- The anticipated outputs of the consultancy are: a short brief that describes the optimized final model (or models); a step-by-step description of the model that could allow for swift replication; and a report summarizing the process and iterations carried out in the field
- The consultant will develop these in a user-friendly way for service providers and project staff
- What are we looking for?
- The consultant is expected to have a clinical or public health background
- He/she should be familiar with the Mozambican public health system and have demonstrated experience in the design of similar projects within the field of sexual and reproductive health
- We prefer a candidate with demonstrated ability to engage with a diverse team, while delivering well thought-through and detailed work
- We need a strong communicator who can simplify complex ideas: verbally, visually, and in writing
- Fluency in written and spoken Portuguese and English is a requirement
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Indicate the source of this job post: emprego.co.mz
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Send your Documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line “Process Consultant for Mobile FP Outreach Activities”
- We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible - bringing care to the front door
- We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world
- All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.