UNICEF is recruiting a Nutrition Specialist, to be based in Nampula, Mozambique.
- The position will support the Nutrition Specialist to advance the complex engagement for decentralized multi-sectoral action and nutrition system building within Nampula, a province lagging behind in under-five morality and carrying the highest rate of stunting in the nation
- Working closely with critical sectors, including WASH, health and communication, s/he will lead efforts to elevate nutrition in the multi-sectoral plans, helping the government to implement and monitor the same actions for maximum impact on stunting
- An Advanced University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required
- A Bachelor’s degree combined with 2 additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results, Leading and supervising, Formulating strategies and concepts, Analyzing, Relating and networking, Deciding and Initiating action, Applying Technical Expertise
- Only applications received through our e-recruitment platform will be considered
How to Apply
Kindly apply in the following link: www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498408