Human-Centered Design Research Consultant (m/f)
PSI - Population Services International
PSI is recruiting a Human-Centered Design Research Consultant (m/f), to be based in Maputo and Gaza, Mozambique.
Partner with us!
- PSI is looking for an individual or a firm with expertise in Human Centered Design within the field of sexual reproductive health programs. The individual will work in close coordination with PSI’s Director of Programs, the Country Representative and the NCD technical adviser
- Project Context: PSI is starting a USAID-funded project focused on the provision of integrated cervical cancer screening and voluntary family planning services in Maputo and Gaza provinces. The project is testing different service delivery models through fixed and mobile outreach to reach women above 30 and HIV+ women. Women will be offered with HPV testing and positive cases will be followed up for preventive treatment
- Building on existing materials that PSI has used in similar interventions for voluntary family planning and cervical cancer prevention projects, the consultant is expected to develop integrated tools and messaging for providers and users
- The tools should support project activities in sensitization and counselling women in cervical cancer screening, counselling for choice amongst available family planning methods and understand the follow up process and preventive treatment options available to them
- The consultant will be responsible for working with the project team, lead the creative design process, lead the co-development of ideas and testing iterations of materials and tools
- The process will be documented through insights, co-design and sprint reports. At the end of the consultancy, recommendations for improvements of the existing tools and materials are expected as well as at least one additional high-fidelity prototype for providers and users
What are we looking for?
- The consultant may be an individual consultant or a firm with strong quantitative, qualitative and analytical abilities with a passion for efficient project design
- We’d like to see someone with experience assessing complex projects/engagements using Human Centered Design approaches within the field of health preferably within Mozambique or Africa
- We’d like someone with demonstrated ability to engage with a diverse team, while delivering well thought though, detailed work is required
- A strong communicator, verbally, in writing and visually, that can simplify complex ideas into compelling summaries. Fluency in written and spoken Portuguese and English is a requirement
- The majority of the work is expected to be undertaken during the project startup phase between September-December 2019. Additional follow up work may be commissioned at a later stage during the project’s duration and up until December 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Indicate the source of this job post: emprego.co.mz
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Send your Documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line “Human-Centered Design Research Consultant”
- We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization
- PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible - bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world
- All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.