Grants Analyst (m/f)
TechnoServe is recruiting a Grants Analyst (m/f), to be based in Nampula, Mozambique.
- Program Overview: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Mozambique funds the five-year Feed the Future Mozambique Promoting Innovative and Resilient Agriculture Market Systems Activity (FTF PREMIER). The FTF PREMIER activity will facilitate the development of an inclusive, resilient, and sustainable market system to boost agriculture-led economic growth in the Nacala corridor of northern Mozambique. The activity will use a market systems approach and will create opportunities for vulnerable, women and youth in the agricultural sector to increase income and engage in business activities. FTF PREMIER will do so by:
- Enhancing access to finance across sectors for the rural poor and SMEs
- Enhancing risk mitigation management
- Building the capacity of smallholder producers and agribusinesses
- Increasing incomes for smallholder farmers
- Establishing strong and transparent relationships between actors
- Expanding employment and entrepreneurship opportunities, especially for youth and women
- Position Overview’s: The Grants analyst will support the work of the Grants manager, and responsible for the day to day management of the grants through the lifecycle if the grant (pre-award through to post award). The analyst will assure that all grants packages are ready for the grants manager review. The analysts will report directly to the Grants manager and is expected to be in frequent contact with the Portfolio managers
- The main duties of the Grants Analyst are
- Assisting the Grant Manager with organizing the grant program outreach
- Assisting the Grant Manager with the application cycle, including the timely processing of applications
- Participating in the selection and vetting process, including reviewing application requirements and ensuring that the appropriate due diligence has been conducted and recorded
- Track and follow up with partners to ensure that all partner reports are submitted within agreed milestones and timelines
- Support fund disbursement to partners, collecting necessary evidence and information from partners and working with TechnoServe finance team
- Liaise with TechnoServe regional and headquarters staff on all matters related to agreements, contracts and MOUs
- Provide support to the portfolio managers and local partners on grant analysis
coordinating the pre-award evaluation process, including organizing and attending site visits in coordination with Portfolio managers
- Coordinating the award and disbursement process, including ensuring compliance with the technical requirements of the Grants Manual
- Ensuring that each grant is properly documented in the fund’s database in a timely fashion
- Performing monitoring and follow up functions in coordination with the Portfolio managers, the grants manager and MEL team
- Monthly check the grants implementation progress, and report progress to the grants manager
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, law or a related field, plus at least three years of experience in a commercial or international project setting or a master’s degree with one-year experience
- Knowledge of donor contracts and grant regulations would be beneficial
- S/he should have strong attention to detail and, with minimal supervision, be able to prioritize and manage a high volume work flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in
- Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Experience with database management systems desirable
- Fluency in Portuguese and proficiency in English are required
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to personal integrity
- Prefer candidates of Mozambican nationality
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe's vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply
- With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes
- We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at email@example.com
Perfil da empresa
- Founded in 1968, TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty for good. A non-profit organization working in 30 countries, we work with people to build a better future through regenerative farms, businesses, and markets that increase incomes. Our vision is a sustainable world where all people in low-income communities have the opportunity to prosper.
- TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
- TechnoServe believes that achieving prosperity requires the full and free participation of women and girls. Our Gender Policy and our commitment to programmatic excellence requires that we involve, empower, and benefit both women and men, both at the level of our beneficiaries and at the level of our staff.
- By joining our team, you will benefit from a respectful working environment of women and men that believe in the professional development of each one. TNS commits to promoting gender equality and recognizes that inclusive economic growth, necessary to achieve overall prosperity, requires the full and free participation of women and girls.