Foreman – Mechanic (m/f)
Aldelia is recruiting a Foreman - Mechanic (m/f), to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Assists the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor with ensuring that all facilities are structurally sound, mechanically operational, electrically efficient, and safe by planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance activities in coordination with the Work Management Center, making work assignments based upon an evaluation of job requirements and individual expertise, and supervising general maintenance mechanics in the performance of emergency and routine maintenance on facilities and systems
- Assures completion of assigned maintenance and repair tasks by monitoring work progress, inspecting work performance and providing corrections of any deficiencies as necessary, redirecting work efforts to meet critical and/or necessary work requirements, and recommending the use of additional departmental personnel or contract personnel (as appropriate) to meet assigned completion targets
- Assists with the development of a competent and efficient mechanical maintenance work force by training departmental personnel (as necessary) in the proper use of test equipment, hand and power tools, and shop safety, and demonstrating appropriate work methods
- Performs highly skilled mechanical maintenance work (as required) in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service and repair of electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing and refrigeration control systems by inspecting and testing elements of those systems to locate and diagnose faults and malfunctions, troubleshooting and/or performing required repairs, and providing an estimate of repair (and/or replacement) costs beyond the capability to perform
- Provides technical assistance in the purchase of new or replacement mechanical maintenance equipment or systems by reviewing and preparing equipment specifications, and advising the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor on equipment capability and compatibility, installation requirements and costs, and potential operations and maintenance expenses; etc.
- High school diploma or the equivalent plus completion of a technical training program in a maintenance
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience is required in the installation, repair, and maintenance
- Proper use of test equipment, hand and power tools, diagnosing and trouble-shooting equipment malfunctions and systems failures are required
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted