Finance & Compliance Director (m/f)
TechnoServe is recruiting a Finance & Compliance Director (m/f), to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Program Overview: The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) anticipates funding the five-year Promoting Market Systems, Innovation and Resilience (PREMIER) activity in Mozambique. The PREMIER activity will facilitate the development of an inclusive, resilient, and sustainable market system to boost agriculture-led economic growth in the Nacala corridor of northern Mozambique. The activity will use a market systems approach and will focus on minimizing barriers that disadvantage the vulnerable, women and youth and exclude them from economic opportunities within the agriculture sector. This activity is anticipated to cover a combination of staple and high value crops
- The activity will implement solutions including:
- Enhancing access to finance across sectors for the rural poor and SMEs
- Enhancing risk mitigation management
- Building the capacity of smallholder producers and agribusinesses
- Increasing incomes for smallholder farmers
- Establishing strong and transparent relationships between actors
- Expanding employment and entrepreneurship opportunities, especially for youth and women
- Position Overview: TechnoServe seeks a highly qualified Finance and Compliance Director to ensure efficient operations and compliance of the PREMIER project. S/he will be responsible for overall management of finance and procurement as well as compliance with USAID regulations, policies, and local law. The Finance and Compliance Director will be responsible for ensuring efficient operations of program operations, including finance, procurement and personnel, compliance, policies, and procedures
- The Finance and Compliance Director is a key member of the program management team and provides fiscal, procurement and human resource leadership for project activities ensuring the effective use of donor resources to meet project goals. The Director is responsible for developing and leading the following key functions for the Premier program: 1) Finance and accounting, 2) Budgeting, monitoring and reporting, 3) Procurement, 4) Human resources and administration, 5) Audit, legal and compliance with donor and other regulatory authorities’ requirements
Finance & Accounting
- Ensures that financial functions support the timely and effective implementation of the program’s technical scope of work
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Premier Accountant and financial management including but not limited to timely payments to suppliers, timely posting of financial transactions in the system, proper coding of expenses by program staff, proper supporting documents that comply with all audit requirements
- Ensures that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures
- Oversee the review of financial reports of sub-grantees, whenever applicable, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the budget and in compliance with donor regulations
- Effectively communicate and present critical Finance matters to the Country Finance Manager and the Premier Chief of Party
Budgeting, monitoring and reporting
- Ensure that all budgets and expenses are carried out according to USAID and TechnoServe’s policies and regulations
- Conduct creating monthly budget tracking reports for the Premier COP and ensure spending is within budget and corrective action taken in case of unfavorable variances
- Manage the annual budget forecasting and midyear budget process for the program
- Provide information to the Country Finance Manager and Ops Director regarding burn rates and projected expenditure for budget and cash flow planning
- Ensure that all program procurement activities are carried out according to USAID and TechnoServe’s policies and regulations
- Review and ensure quality on procurement processes
- Regularly train program staff on procurement policies and procedures
- Create and manage control system to ensure quality of processes and filing
- Supervises the Premier Procurement Officer
- Work with the Operations Director on compliance matters
Human Resources and Administration
- Supervises the Premier Human Resources and Admin Officer
- Oversee the program’s Annual Performance Appraisal cycle & ensure that evaluations are completed on time.
- Ensure that all Premier program staff have access to Performance Appraisal and Feedback training and support
- Oversee new hire orientations for the program staff
- Help identify people development needs in a structured way and developing clear plans to plug the gaps
- Working with the Country HR Manager and the Premier HR Resources and Admin Officer, review all job descriptions on an annual basis and in consultation with Managers & Global HR update as needed
- Maintain a positive work environment, manage complex employee relations issues, retrenchment procedures if needed, participate in disciplinary investigations and associated hearings, and prepare legal termination letters if required
- Ensure appropriate Safety and Security Guidelines are implemented and followed by the program staff
- Audit, legal and compliance with donor and other regulatory authorities’ requirements
- Be the point person for the program on the rules and regulations of the Premier donor agreement, including ensuring that the program and finance teams are properly trained on donor requirements and contractual terms
- Work with the Country Finance Manager and the Country Operations Director to proactively minimize financial and legal risk to the organization
- Works with the Premier Grants Manager and Regional Contracts team to ensure proper compliance in the management of sub-awards and sub-contracts issued by TechnoServe
- Provide support in all aspects of financial management for sub-grantees and monitor agreements to ensure compliance with Donor financial regulations and guidelines
- Provide guidance to local and subcontractor staff on compliance agreements and procurement standards/requirements
- In liaison with the Country Finance Manager and the Country Operations Director to coordinate and lead all forms of Audits and prepare responses to audit findings
- Lead the implementation of Audit findings and sensitize staff on new processes and internal controls designed to implement the Audit recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant administration, finance, and compliance experience, especially with USAID programs
- Progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, project operations at the mid-level of an organization
- At least 5 years of experience working on USAID projects as finance or compliance lead
- Experience leading and managing the financial aspects of USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations
- Comfortability and accuracy working with large amounts of data
- Experience supervising staff and teams
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Portuguese
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe's vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply
- With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes
- We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Perfil da empresa
- Founded in 1968, TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty for good. A non-profit organization working in 30 countries, we work with people to build a better future through regenerative farms, businesses, and markets that increase incomes. Our vision is a sustainable world where all people in low-income communities have the opportunity to prosper.
- TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
- Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
- TechnoServe believes that achieving prosperity requires the full and free participation of women and girls. Our Gender Policy and our commitment to programmatic excellence requires that we involve, empower, and benefit both women and men, both at the level of our beneficiaries and at the level of our staff.
By joining our team, you will benefit from a respectful working environment of women and men that believe in the professional development of each one. TNS commits to promoting gender equality and recognizes that inclusive economic growth, necessary to achieve overall prosperity, requires the full and free participation of women and girls.