Women’s Empowerment Director (m/f)
DAI is recruiting a Women’s Empowerment Director (m/f), to be based in Nampula, Zambezia and Cabo Delgado, Mozambique.
- DAI seeks candidates for anticipated USAID-funded water, sanitation and hygiene programs (WASH) to improve management and commercial viability of water and sanitation services, including an accelerated and enhanced role for women in the sector. Program activities will likely take place in Nampula, Zambezia, Cabo Delgado and, potentially, in Maputo
- Develop and implement evidence-based strategies to increase women’s voice in management and improve their ability to advocate, access to finance, and find employment in the WASH sector
- At least ten (10) years or more of work experience related to women’s empowerment, employment, and/or economic development including familiarity with issues in northern Mozambique
- At least five (5) years of experience on international donor-funded work
- Experience in advocacy and/or social and behavior change; work experience related to WASH a strong plus
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Indicate the source of this job post: emprego.co.mz
- Candidates for all positions must have strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, in both English and Portuguese and advanced degrees (master’s or higher) in relevant areas
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, and private corporations. Currently, DAI is delivering results in about 80 countries.