SHE Specialist Construction Safety IBL (m/f)
Aldelia is recruiting a SHE Specialist Construction Safety IBL (m/f), to be based in Temane, Mozambique.
- Provide input into the requirements and preferences, assessing user needs and options, appointment of necessary consultants in establishing project brief, objections, priorities, constraints, assumptions and strategies in consultation with client
- Provide input into construction project safety requirements and related design risk management responsibilities
- Provide input into the construction project baseline risk assessment
- Provide input into the construction project safety plans for early works
- Provide input into the construction project tender safety specifications
- Assess, discuss, negotiate and approve the contractor(s) construction project health and safety plans
- Ensure all transfer of land and area documentation is in place prior to construction activities.
- Submit necessary construction safety documentation to authorities and facilitate permits that may be required to commence the construction work
- Attend regular site, technical and progress meetings
- Perform incident and accident investigations where necessary
- Identification of the hazards and risks relevant to the construction project through regular coordinated site inspections
- Identify, monitor and report on leading and lagging indicators of the project through a dashboard or moth end report.
- Promote and achieve SHER targets consistently and with dedication
- Provide solutions which are aligned to business unit goals and values
- Sell and obtain support for value adding ideas leading to business results
- Continuously develop extensive knowledge relating to the field of work and personal mastery in technical skills application
- Coach safety practitioners and project manager teams on Safety matters
- Plan and meet project management objectives in technical, professional and expert areas of work
- Immediate response to all incidents as required by the Group Procedure
- Assist SHE Manager in reporting of incidents to the relevant Government Departments
- Compile performance reports/Board papers, etc.
- Build and maintain customer relationships on all levels
- Liaise with local government and communities on international projects (SPI)
- Visible field presence
- Demonstrate influential relationships with manager, peers and company business leaders
- Apply a collaborative and consultative approach which consistently meet business needs
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of appropriate business solutions
- Bachelor of Technology/Higher Dip; Safety Management
- 6+ relevant years of experience
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
This vacancy is no longer accepting applications