Programme Technical Coordinator
Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning.
The organisation works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical support and oversight to all projects within the Mozambique programme, to provide technical support to the Ministry of Health, and to deputise to the Mozambique Country Director.
- Extensive overseas experience with development programmes at a senior management level
- Extensive experience working in public health implementation, communicable disease control or other relevant subjects
- Masters’ Degree in Health, International Development, or other relevant discipline
- Experience managing projects and programmes funded by major institutional donors and agencies such as the DFID, the UN and EC
- Strong demonstrable experience in all aspects of project management including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial management and the design/utilization of appropriate project management tools, and the capacity to transfer this experience to others
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and management skills with extensive experience mentoring staff
- Exceptional communication, analysis and writing skills
- Strong experience liaising with governmental/local authorities and other NGOs
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Due to the amount of applications, only candidates considered for the job will be contacted
- Indicate the source of this job post: emprego.co.mz
- Clearly state for which position your are applying and/or the job reference
- To submit your application please use the contacts listed above, on the right column
- Download the full job descrition (Pdf - 227KB)
- Short listed candidates will be contacted within three weeks after the closing date