Programme Policy Officer (CBT) SSA P/9
WFP - World Food Programme
The World Food Programme is recruiting a Programme Policy Officer (CBT) SSA P/9, to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
Under the guidance of the Representative and Country Director WFP Country Office, and under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme or any designated person by them, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to WFP support to the GoM towards the set-up of shock-responsive and climate-sensitive national social protection programmes
- Develop and manage CBT activities plan of work by fostering high-potential synergies between Social Protection, emergency response (relief and recovery), resilience and adaptation to climate change
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation CBTs programmes in line with global WFP guidance and manuals and promote the use of CBTs programmes in government emergency response
- Participate in conducting Multi Sectorial Capacity Assessments (MSCA) for CBT interventions in full coordination with the relevant units within the CO and support shift of modalities among in-kind, vouchers and cash across WFP areas of operation
- Support the ongoing application of electronic vouchers through WFP's corporate electronic beneficiary and transfer management platform, SCOPE
- Engage Service Providers and other partners in the implementation of CBTs and ensure adherence to WFP financial guidelines
- In liaison with the Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping (VAM) unit, coordinate regular collection of market prices and closely monitor trends, effects on local and regional markets in the respective areas of operation
- Follow up with field offices on monthly and quarterly requirements, distribution plans, reports and proposals for CBTs activities
- Update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for CBTs in Mozambique and train staff in core functional areas on CBT concepts and specific systems and procedures
- Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit to ensure i) monitoring of outputs and outcomes of WFP’s CBT and Social Protection’s activities for accountability and reporting purposes, ii) relevant evaluations for programme management
- Represent WFP in the CWG working group and during meetings with external partners to contribute to technical discussions relating to CBT
- Build and maintain a strong professional relationship with relevant government institutions, including MGCAS, INAS, INGC, SETSAN, MASA, MITADER
- Assist in representing WFP in relevant coordination platforms, including the Social Action Working Group, the Social Protection Development Partners Group, the Technical Council for Disaster Management, as needed
- Keep abreast of Social Protection and CBT related research, studies, lesson learned and best practices; disseminate relevant information and support application of knowledge and sustainable innovation in the field
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Project Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Typically 3 years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development, with working knowledge on Cash Based Transfers modality and Social Protection/Social Assistance.
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound experience in project management in a related field.
- Experience in project implementation and coordination among several teams.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret information and draw out the key messages
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to stakeholders in WFP
- Good networking skills and capacity to build and maintain professional contacts
- Leadership skills and excellent inter personal skill. Ability to lead and motivate
- In-depth understanding of WFP program, objectives and strategic priorities.
- Willingness to travel extensively to the field
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Fluency (level C) in English & Portuguese
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted