Program Coordinator (m/f)
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe is recruiting a Program Coordinator (m/f), to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- The Program Coordinator will report to and assist the DKH Head of Mission in Mozambique
- The Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the “Local Leadership for Global Impact” (LLGI) project. Funded by BMZ, this intensive programme has a component implemented by DKH implementing partners in Mozambique, Madagascar and Malawi
- Responsibilities include supporting the implementation and coordination of the project; supporting project partners including GNDR; supporting donor reporting; supporting MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning); capacity strengthening; advocacy and external relations
- The role will primarily support the LLGI project with up to 75% of their time, the remainder supporting other projects as allocated by the Head of Mission
- A university degree in Community Development, International Relations, Social Sciences, Management, Business Administration or other relevant area is required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in NGO programing environment, three of which at a program management level
- Strategic mindset with the ability to lead, inspire and achieve results in a challenging context
- Able to work as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with different groups of stakeholders
- Strong analytical, decision-making and strategic planning skills with the ability to articulate complex information in an easy to understand manner
- Solutions focused on the ability to identify weaknesses and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to prioritize, plan ahead and manage a complex and diverse workload with short deadlines
- Experience with international third party donors (ECHO/EU, UN/WFP), experience with German donors (AA, BMZ) would be an asset. Coordination and organizational skills even under high workload and time pressure
- Ability to train, guide appropriately and provide development guidance to DKH Implementing Partner teams
- Proactive who is willing to go the extra mile to do the job
- Excellent knowledge of Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Knowledge of Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency Preparedness and Anticipatory Action will be a strong advantage
- Excellent knowledge of computerized account packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A complete appreciation of the value of cooperation, both internationally and in a team environment
- Understanding of DKHs vision and mission and a commitment to its goals and values
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Portuguese. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- We are an equal opportunity employer, we encourage women to apply
- Applications are considered throughout the publication period. Diakonie
- Katastrophenhilfe reserves the right to close recruitment before the deadline for the advertisement. Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding
- Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) ( www.diakonie-katastrophenhilfe.de ) is the humanitarian aid agency for Protestant churches in Germany, headquartered in Berlin. It has regional offices in Asia, Africa and Latin America, as well as national offices in its priority countries, which are responsible for coordinating aid programs. The operational model proposed by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe is structured around the implementation of projects exclusively through a network of local partner organizations.
- In Mozambique, Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe has been implementing humanitarian projects for more than 20 years with local partner organizations and is in the process of establishing a Mission in Mozambique to support operations in Southern Africa. The projects in Southern Africa are currently implemented in Mozambique, Madagascar, Malawi and Zimbabwe, with projects mostly applying a multisectoral approach, including WASH and epidemic prevention, food security/nutrition, shelter/NFI and protection activities.
- All the employees of the Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe must adhere to, respect and undertake to apply within the framework of their functions the standards of the Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe, the code of conduct of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and those humanitarian NGOs.
This vacancy is no longer accepting applications