Local Interpreter / Research Assistant
IBTCI - International Business and Technical Consultants
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) a US based international development consulting company, is seeking a local Interpreter/ Research Assistant to provide interpretation services, field research, and logistics support to a targeted one-two week field research project in Zambézia Province, Mozambique.
The period of performance (duration) is about 1-2 weeks during October 2013 and we anticipate there will be about 5-10 days of level of effort (LOE) for this role.
- The Interpreter /Research Assistant would support the a Team Leader in Zambézia Province for one week, with the possibility of follow-on data entry and transcription tasks the following week from his or her home-base
- The Interpreter/ Research Assistant will also provide logistics support while traveling with the Team Leader including arranging travel, lodging, domestic ground travel, and scheduling meetings as required
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (reading, writing, speaking) is required
- Proficiency in local languages in Zambézia Province is highly preferred
- Minimum 4 years of providing Portuguese and English interpretation and translation support in Mozambique is required
- Experience providing interpretation support to field research projects in rural areas of Mozambique preferable
- Minimum of 2-3 years progressively responsible experience handling complex logistics, such as coordinating business travel, meetings, seminars, and trainings is highly preferred
- 2-3 years of providing research, and data management to field research projects, preferably for international development donors and program implementers is highly preferred
- Any of the following degrees or their equivalent: BA, BSc, or MBA
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional references for interpretation work
- A writing or translation sample in English
- Due to the amount of applications, only candidates considered for the job will be contacted
- Indicate the source of this job post: emprego.co.mz
- Clearly state the job reference "Mozambique - Interpreter/ Research Assistant"
- To submit your application please use the contacts listed above, on the right column
- No phone calls please