Local Consultant (m/f)
CNFA is recruiting a Local Consultant (m/f), to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 47 countries.
- CNFA is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Local Consultant to support proposal development efforts for the upcoming USAID-funded Feed the Future Mozambique Market Systems Activity. This Activity will facilitate the development of a competitive agricultural market system that is inclusive, resilient, and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors. The approach for this activity will help identify and minimize the root causes of market failure that disadvantage and exclude the vulnerable, women, and youth
- This Activity will also create incentives for market actors to invest in developing and sustaining productive relationships for the efficient delivery of goods and services and an improved enabling and regulatory environment for agricultural sector growth
- This Activity provides USAID the opportunity to target solutions such as: build an inclusive and responsive financial system for rural individuals and SMEs
- Address the inefficiencies in the inputs distribution system; establish strong and transparent relationships between actors; among others
- Supporting field research for ongoing capture efforts of Mozambican market systems and its actors
- Recommending and scheduling meetings with key actors including private sector firms, consultants, government, local organizations and other key stakeholders to realize opportunities for collaboration
- Quality translation of conversations, meetings, research notes, etc. as needed
- Identifying and recommending strong candidates for proposed positions
- Providing logistical and coordination support as needed, particularly with travel and transportation arrangements to the proposal team
- Working relationships with key value chain actors relevant to the Nacala corridor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience in related field is required
- Understanding of Mozambican market systems in the agricultural sector, including working with private and public sector actors to foster greater inclusiveness and collaboration, is required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to fulfil requests in a timely manner
- Experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is preferred
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English and Portuguese is required.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Women and Mozambican nationals are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. CNFA takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae