Financial Analyst (m/f)
The Aga Khan Academy Maputo
The Aga Khan Academy Maputo is recruiting a Financial Analyst (m/f), to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
- Preparation and reporting on weekly, monthly and yearly financial performance and cash flow of the business. This includes fees collection, management report for the organization, department and business unit performance
- Providing commentary on management reports
- Monitor the investment schedule vis-à-vis bank position to reinvest the excess funds immediately
- Monitor the list of students with outstanding balances and oversee an entire follow-up process with the parents
- Share the list of names of students with the Head of Academy and Head of Finance who should be receiving the notice as per policy
- Preparation of all/any adhoc/periodical operation analysis within the business
- Coordinate and facilitate budgeting, planning and forecasting processes for the organization
- Participate in monitoring and maintaining a full budgetary control process within the organization
- Preparation and sharing of any data/schedules/analysis with the organization business partner i.e granting/donation accounting
- Custodian of all company data, analysis and dashboards
- Conduct Month end accounting activities including review of bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, recurring journals etc.
- Taking part in systems’ and process improvement initiatives
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and control ledger account
- Monthly payroll data importation from Payroll software to Navision
- Ensure full understanding of other finance staff responsibility to be able to substitute for them
- Any other duties assigned by Head of Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- Professional Qualification in a finance related field e.g CPA, CSIA, CFA, ACCA with at least 7 years’ experience in finance and 3 years in similar position
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and hands-on experience of ERP
- A strong work ethic, with attention to detail, while retaining a flexible approach to problem solving
- A high level of integrity needed to handle fiscal responsibilities and confidential information
- The application package must include:
- CV no longer than 2pages
- Concise covering letter (no longer than two pages), specifically linking how your qualifications, experiences and attributes will position you to be successful in the role
- List of 3 references, one of which must be your current supervisor
- We are only able to contact shortlisted applicants. In the event that outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, we reserve the right to close the process before the published deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible
- The Aga Khan Academies are an integrated network of nondenominational day and residential schools dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence to exceptional young men and women regardless of their ability to pay. Envisaged in Africa, South and Central Asia and the Middle East, the Aga Khan Academies’ foundational values include pluralism, meritocracy and civil society. Housed in purpose-built, spacious and attractive campuses with outstanding facilities, the Academies offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum from Primary Years to the Diploma and provide a rich opportunity for both teachers and students to grow professionally and personally.
- The first Aga Khan Academy opened in Mombasa, Kenya in 2003, the second in Hyderabad, India in 2011, the third in Maputo, Mozambique in 2013, and the network is now expanding with the opening of the fourth Academy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 2022. The Academies aim to develop meritorious young men and women into home-grown ethical leaders through education of the highest international standard.