Business Support Associate
WFP - World Food Programme
The World Food Programme is recruiting a Business Support Associate SC G/6, to be based in Maputo, Mozambique.
Under the supervision of DCD/Head of Programme, the Business Support Associate will be accountable for the following duties:
- Liaise with and support Activity Managers 1 to 6 with work planning, expenditure planning, expenditure forecasting, funds management and budget revision processes.
- Act as escalation point for complex query resolution for Heads of Sub Office and Activity Managers, overcoming bottlenecks in business process flows and enabling effective and timely implementation of programme activities.
- Track FLA/MoU start and end dates and liaise with Activity Managers and Heads of Sub-Offices to support preparation, approval and revision of FLAs/MoUs ensuring finalization of FLAs/MoUs prior to project start dates, and serving as Chair of the Cooperating Partner Committee.
- Support Activity Managers and provide liaison with the Budget Programme Officer for pipeline management and funds programming processes including consolidation of needs-based budgets, implementation budgets, funds and expenditure analysis across Activities 1 to 6.
- Coordinate the development and consolidation of quarterly and monthly delivery plans (DPs) ensuring their compliance.
- Oversee the work of the Programme Support unit responsible for COMET data entry, transactions management, COMET-LESS reconciliation, claims verification and other programme business processes, providing staff in the unit with advice, guidance and training, as required.
- Regularly review the availability of commodities and financial resources in relation to FLA/MoU requirements and, based on comparison to pipeline reports, proactively recommend solutions to avoid pipeline breaks.
- Coordinate with SOs to ensure timely submission of monitoring data, Distribution Plans, CP Commodity reports, etc., reviewing accuracy of such reports and consolidating across Activities as relevant.
- Coordinate monthly travel planning across all units and SOs in accordance with Travel SOPs.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to analyses and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the design and delivery of specialized services.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language
- Intermediate knowledge in Portuguese desirable.
- Improved efficiency of Programme Business processes
- Improved response to Sub-Office service requests
- Effective management of the Programme Unit
- Efficient coordination of CPC meetings
- Data availability and quality improved
- Effective coordination of Activity Manager inputs to budget/finance and supply chain.
- Worked with technical teams (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Contributed to implementation of programs
- Assisted or observed policy discussions
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted